This site is a powerful resource that was created just for you. Let us help you to put it to use.
This site provides
- a ready-to-rock Safe Zone workshop curriculum to help you facilitate a meaningful, effective, enjoyable program
- a library of activities to help you expand the ways you educate about gender and sexuality
- a series of articles to help you expand your skills and become an all-star facilitator and social justice educator
We are here to help you
- get your Safe Zone program off the ground
- analyze and identify where your Safe Zone program could be improved upon
- expand your educational offerings as a Safe Zone Program, LGBTQ resource center, community center, employee resource group, etc.
What to do
The first thing you should do is scroll up to our ready-to-rock curriculum (presented in our favorite color: rainbow) and download it. That way you can see what activities we think make the ideal 2-hour Safe Zone, get a few guiding tips and tricks, and get started on your own Safe Zone workshop. Then…
Explore our suite of activities
By clicking on the Activities tab you will be able to view all of the LGBTQ educational activities Sam and Meg have shared, detailed explanations of their learning outcomes, what supplies you need, and how to conduct each activity! They are organized by activity type, length, knowledge level, and how trusting your group needs to be.
Each of these activities can be…
- viewed online;
- copy and pasted (by clicking the button);
- or you downloaded as a PDF (by clicking the button).
- You’re also encouraged to share () or tweet () if you want others to find them, too!
Everything on the site is uncopyrighted, so use it however you’d like.
You can also use the Activity Finder on the right to browse activities by type, knowledge level, trust, length of time, category, and specific themes. Click on one of the items in the finder to see how it works. It’s like Zappos, but for social justice!
Get involved with the Safe Zone Project!
This project is an ongoing and ever-expanding website that will continue to evolve its offerings according to your needs! Head over the the Get Involved tab to see how!
Want even more?
Learn about Safe Zone workshops — we keep saying “Safe Zone workshops”… what are these things? Find out why we think they are so nifty, what we think the goals of every Safe Zone should include, and our personal philosophies on social justice/gender/LGBTQ education while you’re at it!
Learn about the Team — who are the people who made this thing? How do they identify? Why do they care so much about Safe Zone workshops? What do they do? Learn all about that an more on the team page.
Start a Safe Zone program — and let us know if we can help. It takes a lot of work to start a Safe Zone program, set the curriculum, find and train facilitators, set up and run workshops, but the result is beautiful. More people learning about gender and sexuality, how rad.
FAQs — always a great place to start when you don’t know what you don’t know…just yet.